The ECAVI board of experts serves to generate, direct and drive the mission, vision and objectives of ECAVI.
The board members are respected experts in their field and have been selected based on their expertise and knowledge and represent the various member states in Eastern Africa.
The board members contribute to and provide strategic and professional guidance, advice and support to the ECAVI web-site, Twitter handle and Facebook page platforms and related activities. Board members provide linkages and networks in their member countries and advocate/promote the activities of ECAVI within their home countries.
The ECAVI Board of experts includes:
1. Uganda – Dr. Sabrina Bakeera-Kitaka – Senior Lecturer, Makerere University
2. Dr. Ombeva Malande –Lecturer, Egerton University/Honorary Lecturer Makerere University
3. Uganda – Dr. Edison Mworozi – Senior Consultant Paediatrician Mulago Hospital & Honorary Lecturer, Makerere University.
4. Uganda – Dr. Nantulya Florence – Senior Consultant Paediatrician, Nakasero Hospital, Kampala
5. Uganda – Dr. Kutamba Elizabeth – Consultant Paediatrician, Novik Hospital, Kampala
6. Kenya – Dr. Kigen Barnabas – Lecturer, Moi University
7. Kenya – Dr. Eric Sagwa – Strategic Relations & Health Systems expert
8. Kenya – Dr. Lawrence Owino Okong’o – Paediatric Rheumatologist & Lecturer, University of Nairobi
9.Tanzania – Dr. Nahya Salim Masoud – Lecturer, Muhimbili University (MUHAS)
10. Tanzania – Dr. Adolphine Alban Hokororo – Consultant Paediatrician & Lecturer, Catholic University of Health and Allied Sciences, Mwanza Tanzania.
11. Rwanda – Dr. Orikiriiza Judith – Consultant Paediatrician, Rwanda Military Hospital and Honorary Lecturer, University of Rwanda.
12.London, UK – Dr. Patience Nalubega Kimera – Consultant Paediatrician
13.Kenya – Dr. David Kimutai – Consultant Paediatrician, Ministry of Health, Kenya
14.Uganda – Dr. Munube Deo – Consultant Paediatrician Mulago Hospital & Honorary Lecturer, Makerere University.
15. Uganda – Dr. Rose Nazziwa – Consultant Paediatrician, Kisubi Hospital, Entebbe.
16. Kenya – Dr. Wesley Too- Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences, Kabarak University